SLV Healthy Habits - Who We Are
Healthy Habits is a project of the San Luis Valley Local Foods Coalition; with a goal to promote a healthy diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables and other healthy local foods. Healthy Habits grew out of a collaborative of dedicated community members that has promoted access to healthy, seasonally fresh produce in the San Luis Valley since 1996.
New This Year
Double Up Snap Produce Bucks at the Alamosa Farmers Market, Valley Food Coop and Fourth Street Food Store in Saguache: Healthy Habits and the SLV Local Foods Coalition worked as part of a Colorado team to bring Double up SNAP bucks to Colorado for Colorado-grown produce purchases.
Thanks to 1st SouthWest Bank for providing a generous Double UP match!
Mobile Kitchen (MOKI) Demonstrations
Over 14 weeks in the summer, cooking demonstrations are held at Alamosa, La Jara, and Monte Vista Farmers Markets featuring easy-to-prepare nutritious and seasonal recipes, highlighting the delicious spectrum of local produce available in the San Luis Valley. Free samples and recipe cards are given out wherever our Mobile Kitchen goes!
In addition, for a $5 donation, people can get a bowl of the featured dish that day.
- Sponsor a day at the farmers market - $140
- Volunteer as a Guest Chef/Farmer and highlight a favorite local recipe!
- Donate financially to help bring this program to our valley markets. See levels listed below.
- Receive recognition on the back of our recipe cards all season long.
- Quinoa: $1,500 or more - (logo on MOKI-mobile kitchen)
- Potato: $500-$1,499 - (banner/sign at market plus below)
- Peach: $100-$499 - (name on all recipes)
- Kale: $10-$99 - (good karma)
Thank you to our Partners!
Alamosa Farmers Market, Monte Vista Farmers Market,
La Jara Farmers Market, First SouthWest Bank,
Rocky Mountain Prevention Research Center,
Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area,
Colorado Potato Administrative Committee,
Alamosa Convention & Visitors Bureau,
Valley-Wide Health Systems, SLV Health,
Body Tune Up, SLV Behavioral Health, MV Coop
To get involved please call the Local Foods Coalition at 719-937-2319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org