- Anyone can participate
- Submission Deadline: March 31, 2023
- Submit 1 or 2 entries
- Each submission enters you in a drawing to win a $50 Visa Gift Card.
- Your submission releases to your photo and caption to be used by the San Luis Local Foods Coalition.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
- We want to hear from all corners of the SLV
- What does food and agriculture look like from your perspective?
- In addition to collecting survey data, interviews and summit insights, we want to collect visual data.
- We’ll use your photos and captions in our assessment as well as display them here, on our website, and for a in-person PhotoVoice Exhibition (time and place will be announced at a later date).
HOW IT WORKS
- Take a photo that illustrates any of our themes:
- Barriers or Solutions to healthy food access #FoodAccess
- Opportunities for family farms & ranches to thrive #Opportunities
- Water, Air & Soil Health #EnviroHealth
- Inequities or Inclusion in our food system #Inequity or #Inclusion
- Emergency Food Plan / Who do you turn to in a food crisis? #FoodPlan
- Write a caption for the photo. Examples:
- Who, what, why, when, where
- Tell the story of the photo
- How does it address one of the themes?
- Include the hashtag #SLVFoodProject (and any others you wish).
- Include the corresponding theme hashtag (above in bold).
- Submit up to two photos, with caption and hashtags for each, to one of the places:
- Google Form (Gmail account required)
- Text to 719.515.9118
- Instagram (be sure to include #SLVFoodProject so we can find your photo)
- All submissions will be displayed on our website by April 7th, 2023.
- On March 31st we will select 30 submissions for an in-person PhotoVoice Exhibition.
- We will print the chosen photos with captions to go along.
- Selected submissions will be announced on April 7th, 2023.
- Gift Card winners will be contacted the week of April 10th, 2023.
Photographer of Submitted Photos, hereby grants permission to San Luis Valley Local Foods Coalition and the SLV Community Food & Agricultural Assessment Project to reproduce any portion of the photo images listed below that have been taken by me, the photographer of submitted photos for the purpose of SELF USE and or SELF PROMOTION publications which can include but is not limited to, Local Guides, calendars, invitations, printed showings and websites without any more compensation or recognition given to me. Furthermore, I grant creative permission to alter the photograph(s). I do not grant permission to resale or use the photographs in a manner that would exploit or cause malicious representation toward me or my company and associates.
We will credit your photo in the PhotoVoice Exhibition as well as on PhotoVoice webpage as part of the project. However, we may also use it in other ways that don’t allow for a photo credit.
WIN UP TO $100
- You may make one or two submissions.
- Each submission will enter you into a random drawing.
- Your entry into the drawing is not based on the content or quality of the submission, simply that you went to the work to take a photo, write a caption, include the appropriate hashtag and submit it.
- We have multiple $50 Visa Gift Cards to give away.
- Odds are based on number of entries and we will not know what that number is until the end of March.
- It’s important that you provide contact information with your submission so we can contact you if are selected.
- We will make the selections the week of April 3rd and notify you that week.
For questions, contact our Project Coordinator
575.999.5319 call or text