Support San Luis Valley Nonprofits on Colorado Gives Day 2023— Dec. 5th
The holiday season is a time for giving back, and Colorado Gives Day on December 5th provides the perfect opportunity. This annual event brings together donors statewide to support vital nonprofits through ColoradoGives.org.
About Colorado Gives Day
Colorado Gives Day is a powerful statewide movement for charitable giving. This annual event organized through ColoradoGives.org makes donating easy by connecting donors directly to vetted local nonprofits.
In 2022, over $53 million was raised for nonprofits across Colorado through Colorado Gives Day.
In the San Luis Valley (SLV), we can direct donations to organizations addressing crucial local needs like hunger relief, affordable housing, healthcare access, education, animal welfare, and more. Though the SLV includes some of the poorest counties in Colorado, it is also home to many dedicated nonprofits working to create change.
This Colorado Gives Day, we encourage you to give generously to any of these worthy SLV nonprofits making a difference locally. No matter who you choose to support, your donation will stay here in the Valley, fueling impact where needs are greatest.
Discover SLV Nonprofits to Support this Colorado Gives Day
Food Security & Food Access in the SLV:
- San Luis Valley Local Foods Coalition – Fostering an equitable local food system through programs like the Valley Roots Food Hub and Rio Grande Farm Park.
- La Puente Home – Providing food, shelter and services for Alamosa County’s homeless population.
“I have learned to incorporate healthy foods into 3 meals a day. I’ve also realized the importance of checking labels. It was all perfect.”Brook about Cooking Matters, an SLV Local Foods Coalition program
Immigrant Resources in the SLV:
- San Luis Valley Immigrant Resource Center – Supporting immigrant families through services like immigration counseling, translation, citizenship classes and more.
Housing in the SLV:
- Habitat for Humanity of the San Luis Valley – Constructing affordable SLV homes through partnerships with families and volunteers.
- Crestone Peak Community Housing – Developing affordable housing opportunities in the Crestone area.
Healthcare in the SLV:
- Valley Citizens Foundation for Health Care – Helping provide primary healthcare access for uninsured and underserved SLV residents.
- Blue Peaks Developmental Services – Supporting individuals with developmental disabilities through employment, housing, transportation and more.
Youth Programs in the SLV:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the San Luis Valley – Empowering local youth through after-school programs and summer camps.
- Alpine Achievers Initiative – Offering SLV youth outdoor adventures like skiing, snowboarding and hiking.
Recreation & Outdoors in the SLV:
- San Luis Valley Great Outdoors – Providing opportunities for youth and families to experience outdoor recreation and environmental education.
- San Luis Valley Ecosystem Council – Protecting wilderness, wildlife habitat and the rural character of the San Luis Valley through advocacy and education.
- Alamosa Volunteer Search & Rescue – Providing wilderness search and rescue services on a volunteer basis.
Animal Welfare & Wildlife in the SLV:
- San Luis Valley Animal Welfare Society – Caring for homeless pets and promoting animal welfare in the SLV.
- Dumb Friends League (statewide, also operating in the San Luis Valley) – Advancing animal welfare statewide through adoption, veterinary services and more.
Environmental Protection in the SLV:
- Rio Grande Watershed Conservation and Education Initiative – Promoting Rio Grande watershed restoration and stewardship.
- Conejos Clean Water – Protecting water quality and the environment in Conejos County.
- Colorado Rio Grande Restoration Foundation – Restoring the Rio Grande watershed through conservation projects and education.
- Rio Grande Headwaters Land Trust – Conserving ranchlands, wildlife habitat, scenic open space and more in the Rio Grande Basin.
Community Programs in the SLV:
- Center for Restorative Programs – Providing restorative justice programs as an alternative to the traditional justice system.
- Friends of the Alamosa Public Library – Fundraising and advocating for the Alamosa Public Library.
- KRZA Community Radio – Connecting and engaging the SLV through nonprofit community radio.
- Alamosa Senior Citizens – Supporting the wellbeing and independence of senior citizens in Alamosa County through services like meals, transportation, wellness classes, and social activities.
Thank you again for allowing us to attend the Conejos Summit this past weekend. It was wonderful to meet so many community members and see them collaborate so passionately about the community!~Nicholas Stoll about the CFAA, an SLV Local Foods Coalition program
Arts & Culture in the SLV:
- Creede Repertory Theatre – Bringing performing arts and culture to the SLV through professional theater.
- Alamosa Live Music Association – Promoting live music in Alamosa through events and youth programs.
- Creede Musical Arts Collective Inc – Providing music education and fostering an appreciation of the arts through lessons, classes, concerts and community events in Creede and the surrounding area.
Donate Generously this Colorado Gives Day
No matter what cause you’re passionate about, you can find a way to make a difference right here in the Valley.
Together, we can create powerful change from within by fueling the organizations tirelessly working to help our communities thrive and grow.
Visit ColoradoGives.org from today through December 5th to make a donation to any of the vetted SLV nonprofits featured here. Every gift makes an impact.
Let’s unite to build a better, stronger future for the San Luis Valley this Colorado Gives Day!
Don’t see your SLV non-profit on the list?
Have a quote to share about your favorite non-profit’s impact on the Valley?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.